student visa


Before beginning your studies, is it essential to find out if you need a visa to enter Switzerland or study in Geneva.

European Union Citizens

European Union Citizens

You do not need a visa to study in Geneva if you are:  

  • A citizen of Switzerland or the European Union, in possession of a valid European Union identification card or passport 
  • A citizen of a country that is part of the European Economic Area or European Free Trade Association and are in possession of a valid passport.  

Non-European Union Citizens

Non-EU citizens must apply for a student visa to study in Switzerland. The EU Admissions Department is here to help with and inform you of the visa and residency process. You must complete a number of documents and take to the visa department of your nearest Swiss embassy.

Non-European Union Citizens

Non-EU Citizens Need



Original passport plus one copy

Certificate of enrollment at EU

The original copy proof of enrollment at EU Business School 
E form

Completed copy of the E form


O form

If you need the O form, you will also need a copy of the passport or ID of the person who will sponsor you and proof of their ability to pay  
D form

Completed copy of the D form
Bank certificate

Stating that the student or the sponsor of the student has an active account with a minimum of CHF 30,000


A 'qui de droit'

Stating that the student will leave Switzerland post-studies

An updated copy of your CV
Motivation Letter

Stating both the reason for studying in Switzerland and detailing the student's post study plans  


Address in Switzerland

Please reference the Housing Attestation that you received along with your final enrollment documents. Please email if you have any questions about this
Two passport size photos

Recent passport sized photographs (35mm x 45mm)
Copy of diplomas and transcripts

Evidence of previous academic performance

Post Arrivals Procedures - All Students

  • Copy of your passport
  • One passport size photo 
  • Completed E form 
  • Certificate of enrollment/attestation at EU Business School 
  • A copy of your rental agreement 
  • Proof of payment of 65 CHF 
  • Passport (plus one copy) 
  • Proof of your address in Geneva/copy of your rental agreement  
  • Certificate of enrollment at EU Business School 


Where to go:  

Office Cantonal de la Population (OCP) 

Route de Chancy, 88 

1213 Onex 


Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 7:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. 

Wednesday: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. 


How to get there: 

Take tram 14 or buses K or L to stop Bandol